Certification is more than an examination or an assessment – it is a process.
It is independent verifiable proof of proficiency in specialty pharmacy management duties in a variety of practice settings.
Specialty pharmacists must have transferrable skills to compete for the best jobs.
The Certified Specialty Pharmacist Credential is designed to:
- Validate your professional expertise
- Elevate the status of the specialty pharmacy profession
- Differentiate yourself in a competitive job market
- Position yourself for handling limited or exclusively distributed drugs
- Position yourself to better serve payer requirements
- Protect the public by improving their health outcomes and reducing medication errors.
What does the Credential do for Pharmacists?
- Ensures that pharmacists are receiving the correct balance of specialty pharmacy educational programming to improve their performance and knowledge
- Answers the unmet needs of the specialty pharmacy industry by responding to the rapidly changing needs of the specialty pharmacist to serve their patients
- Recognizes pharmacists for their educational achievements
- Provides a career-long learning path that recognizes, as well as tracks proficiency areas