Certification is more than an examination or an assessment – it is a process.
It is independent verifiable proof of proficiency in specialty pharmacy management duties in a variety of practice settings.
Specialty pharmacists must have transferrable skills to compete for the best jobs.
The Certified Specialty Pharmacist Credential is designed to:
- Validate your professional expertise
- Elevate the status of the specialty pharmacy profession
- Differentiate yourself in a competitive job market
- Position yourself for handling limited or exclusively distributed drugs
- Position yourself to better serve payer requirements
- Protect the public by improving their health outcomes and reducing medication errors.
What does the Credential do for Pharmacists?
- Ensures that pharmacists are receiving the correct balance of specialty pharmacy educational programming to improve their performance and knowledge
- Answers the unmet needs of the specialty pharmacy industry by responding to the rapidly changing needs of the specialty pharmacist to serve their patients
- Recognizes pharmacists for their educational achievements
- Provides a career-long learning path that recognizes, as well as tracks proficiency areas
Specialty Pharmacy Certification Board™ (SPCB™) Partners with Heuristic to Launch CSP™ Credentialing Management System
Tampa, FL, June 17, 2013 -- The Specialty Pharmacy Certification Board™ (SPCB™) is pleased to announce that they have contracted with Heuristic Solutions to implement the LearningBuilder™ credentialing management system for the Certified Specialty Pharmacist™ (CSP™) program. Heuristics’ LearningBuilder application will provide CSP applicants with a user friendly online application process as well as online continuing education tracking to support certification maintenance requirements.
Tampa, FL, June 10, 2013 -- The Specialty Pharmacy Certification Board™ (SPCB™) announced today that it has elected Board of Director Officers:
- Gary Rice, RPh, MBA, President
- Nick Calla, RPh, Vice President
- Donald Filibeck, PharmD, MBA, Secretary/Treasurer